Denver DUI DMV Hearings
DUI Defense for Your Colorado DMV Administrative Hearing
In Colorado, beating a drunk driving charge in court is just half the battle. Defendants facing a DUI charge in Colorado must also appear at an administrative hearing before the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles, which will determine your right to drive.
SEVEN-DAY TIME LIMIT!
In most cases, you have just seven days from the time of your arrest to request an administrative hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles. If a hearing is not requested, your driver’s license will automatically be suspended.
The Denver DMV defense attorneys at The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal provide a complete DUI defense to residents throughout the Denver area, including Boulder, Lakewood, Englewood and Aurora. Our comprehensive approach to Colorado drunk driving cases includes fighting the criminal charges in court while contesting the suspension or revocation of your driving rights through the DMV administrative hearing process.
At the DMV hearing, the arresting officer will testify and other important evidence will be presented, allowing our attorneys to get a good first look at the DUI case against you as we build your criminal defense for the courtroom.
Evidence presented at the DMV hearing includes:
- Whether there was probable cause to stop your vehicle and place you under arrest on drunk driving charges
- Whether the alcohol breath or blood sample was legally obtained and tested above the legal limit
- Whether an officer properly advised you of your rights under the law
Under Colorado law, an administrative hearing will revoke the driver’s license of any person who:
- Is determined to have driven a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level greater than .08%, in violation of the state’s drunk driving laws
- Was under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of more than .02% or .05%.
- Refused to take or complete blood alcohol testing
- Drove a commercial vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .04% or greater
We will work to protect your right to drive by contesting the license suspension whenever possible. Should the circumstances of your case dictate a license suspension, we will work to obtain driving rights so that you can drive for work and other necessary purposes.
If you’re facing a drunk driving charge or DMV administrative hearing in Denver or the surrounding area, when you’ve got a strong, effective defense, you’ve got options.
For a free consultation with The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal, call 303-573-0543 or contact the firm online.
Denver DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney, Jeremy Rosenthal aggressively defends DUI cases, medical marijuana related legal issues, and criminal defense cases. The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal - Denver, Colo