Denver DMV Hearings
In Colorado, beating a drunk driving charge in court is just half the battle – defendants facing a DUI charge must also appear at an administrative hearing before the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles, which will determine your right to drive.
The Denver DMV defense attorneys at The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal provide complete DUI defense to residents throughout the Denver area, including Boulder, Lakewood, Englewood and Aurora. Our comprehensive approach to Colorado drunk driving cases includes fighting the criminal charges in court while contesting the suspension or revocation of your driving rights through the DMV administrative hearing process.
|Colorado DMV HearingsHere are some ways to reduce your risk of an accident while driving through a roadway construction zone:
• 7-DAY TIME LIMIT!
In most cases, you have just 7 days from the time of your arrest to request an administrative hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles. If a hearing is not requested, your driver’s license will automatically be suspended.
At the DMV hearing, the arresting officer will testify and other important evidence will be presented, allowing our attorneys to get a good first-look at the case against you as we build your criminal defense for the courtroom. Evidence presented at the DMV hearing includes:
• Whether there was probable cause to stop your vehicle and place you under arrest on drunk driving charges.
• Whether the alcohol breath or blood sample was legally obtained and tested above the legal limit.
• Whether an officer properly advised you or your rights under the law.
Under Colorado Law, an Administrative hearing will revoke the driver’s license of any person who:
• Is determined to have driven a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol level greater than .08, in violation of the state’s drunk driving laws.
• Was under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of more than .02 or .05.
• Refused to take or complete blood-alcohol testing.
• Drove a commercial vehicle with a blood-alcohol level of .04 or greater.
We will work to protect your right to drive by contesting the license suspension whenever possible. Should the circumstances of your case dictate a license suspension, we will work to obtain driving rights so that you can drive for work and other necessary purposes.
If you are facing a drunk driving charge or DMV administrative hearing in Denver or the surrounding area, contact The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal for a free and confidential consultation to discuss your rights. Call (303) 573-0543
When you’ve got a strong, effective defense, you’ve got options. For a free consultation with The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal, call (303) 573-0543 or contact the firm online.
Denver DUI and Criminal Defense Attorney, Jeremy Rosenthal aggressively defends DUI cases, medical marijuana related legal issues, and criminal defense cases. The Law Firm of Jeremy Rosenthal - Denver, Colo